THE VALUE OF JEWELS AND THEIR EVALUATION

This article combines two strands that I have been following for some time on this site: answering customer questions and better illustrating how gold valuation works. In fact, I believe that knowledge of the Gold Buy system is the best tool I can give to my customers to make the most of the sale of their gold. In these years of crisis, I know well, often selling gold is a necessity to face the need for immediate liquidity. And I want to help my clients get the best rating and therefore the best earnings.

Here is a question that is often asked to me, both in the shop and via email:
“I want to sell a jewel that I bought for [X] euros (or hundreds/thousands of euros). How much do you value it? "

Fast answer:
"In order to evaluate it, I need to know the features but I don't care about its purchase price."
Bad answer? No . And I'll explain why.

Gold jewelry, there are costs and costs: why?


We have all bought a new gold jewel at least once in our lives and we all know it is a luxury expense. In the current market, in fact, jewels bring with them multiple economic values ​​(but not only) that influence their final cost.
jewelry evaluation they are always products in precious metals, enriched or not with semi-precious and precious stones!

Yet, you will have certainly noticed, there are jewels that have a cost and others that have a distinctly different one.

For example, a simple gold chain can vary in price:

Depending on the store where it is purchased

whether it is signed or not

if it is new or regenerated gold

whether it is from current or past collections

if it is very elaborate and requires skilled labor or if it is very simple ...

They are all (and only some of the) parameters that influence the price at which you buy jewelry.

But then, if a new, unsigned 18-carat gold jewel weighing 2 grams has, according to the weight - which is the first evaluation principle -, a value of about € 50, how come it is sold at triple if not more?

 women's jewelry online shopping

The role of jewelers on the costs of new gold


Warning: I am absolutely not saying that jewelers are robbing you. Instead, I am clarifying the costs behind a jewel, costs that fall precisely on jewelers. Costs that increase the final cost of the jewel. For example: do you know that a jeweler, to have space in a shopping center (where the influx of customers and visibility are very high), pays a rent of many thousands of euros per month? To cover these expenses, gold is raised. As is the case with any other commodity on the market. It is on the basis of these assumptions that the rule of failure to re-purchase a jewel in some stores works.

In fact, if you wanted to sell a piece of jewelry right to the jewelry that sold it to you, it would not be possible. " We do not deal with used gold ", they will tell you, but in reality, it is that they know very well that they would lose if they bought it at the price at which they sold it to you.

This is why I always say:

" DEAL IS NEVER MADE WHEN SELLING, BUT WHEN BUYING "!

But don't despair! There is a way to buy jewelry without spending very high amounts: just go to the second-hand jewelers who sell regenerated jewels like new. The olive jewelry is specializing in fine jewelry: just a quick browse of the site's home page to see how you can buy a really great affordable jewelry.

orecchini_pomellato_baby_oro_rosa_ametiste_diamanti_brown_007-560x420

These precious Pomellato earrings would have a value of € 3,950, but from OroLive you can buy them regenerated for € 2,370

Why does this system work? Because OroLive jewelry does not have all the costs listed above to be reloaded on the jewels and therefore can sell them at prices really tied to the real value of the jewels.


Having said that, I go back to the main topic of the article and answer the initial question.
The value of the jewel does not depend on its cost at all

There isn't much to write about, to be honest. If the customer lets me know how much he bought the jewel he now wants to sell me, the answer is always similar to the title of this paragraph:

"Cost does not affect value"

"How much was paid for that jewel does not automatically give it the value"

"For the evaluation, knowing the initial cost is useless"

"There is no relationship between the purchase cost and valuation offer."

I can repeat it in a thousand other ways, but the concept is always the same.

I earn with the evaluation of the jewels know, it's a disappointment. And I had customers who came to OroLive for a second opinion after other Gold Buyers told them the same thing. They also had jewelry with the price tag still preserved. But I had to confirm it.

If the assessment I made is total euros, there is no other parameter that can make it change, especially considering that I already apply the best possible evaluation.

Quite different is the speech if the necklace was signed! In this case, the evaluation includes the parameter of the brand that gives the jewel a value that goes beyond that of the price of the gold that makes it up. I talked about it in depth here.

And of course, if the jewels have precious stones, the evaluation follows other rules, which are however linked to gems and no longer only to gold.

The best evaluation of gold

But if the answer left you disappointed, I know immediately how to regain share!
What if I told you that OroLive has a transparent and honest method of evaluating your jewelry?

If I told you that OroLive applies the very low commissions? We do not charge shop costs to customers.

What if I told you that OroLive immediately complied with the new Decree-Law for Gold Buyings and even improved? Now we can offer you assessments in a very short time and with excellent guarantees.

If you told you that OroLive no misleading advertising or online or on billboards? It is a theme that I care a lot about and is very connected to the honesty of the first point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Examples of Financial Marketing: 10 Campaigns You Should Study

Wie England für die Euro 2021 antreten könnte

English abbreviations: the informal language in chat